This FRIDAY, Nov. 12, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. BRING SIGNS!!!Join us for Freedom to Vote: The Time is Now event to urge the Senate to act swiftly to pass robust national standards for federal elections, and to use every lever of power and influence to get this done.TWO LOCATIONS IN BELLINGHAM – James Street & Alabama Street OR Orleans Street and Sunset Avenue. Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/dfadcoalition/event/426570/
Action: Keep up the Pressure to save our Democracy!
To save our democracy we need to pass the Freedom to Vote act, which means getting the filibuster out of the way. Last week both President Biden and Jen Psaki made statements that the White House may be starting to agree that we need to do what it takes to pass voting rights legislation. We can’t stop now!
• Call our Senators again and let them know you want them to stop letting the Republicans run out the clock and do what needs to be done to pass the Freedom to Vote Act – including ending or working around the filibuster.
-Sen. Patty Murray firstname.lastname@example.org (202) 224.2621 | Washington DC (206) 553-5545 | Seattle, WA
-Sen. Maria Cantwell email@example.com (202) 224-3441 | Washington DC (206) 220-6400 | Seattle, WA
• Call the White House comment line and thank them for pushing to pass voting rights. Tell them that we want voting rights passed in the coming DAYS, not weeks! The maps are already being drawn!
• White House comment line has LIMITED HOURS – 8 am to 12 pm Tuesday through Thursday 8am – 12pm: # 202-456-1111
Email may be submitted at any time at https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
Oct. 20, 2021
Tell Reps. DelBene and Larsen to Support H.R. 2119 and H.R. 3110
The U.S. House will be taking up two significant bills this week. Please call your rep and urge them to vote with their Democratic colleagues in favor of:
• H.R. 2119, extending the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (which provides critical funding for domestic and gender-based violence prevention services throughout the U.S.);
• H.R. 3110, the Providing Urgent Maternal Protections (PUMP) for Nursing Mothers Act (a bill supported by nearly 150 organizations, which would expand the categories of nursing mothers entitled to existing protections under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and would provide employees whose rights are violated with a right to appropriate judicial relief).
Republicans voted against both bills in committee.
Rep. Suzan DelBene (1st) – (202) 225-6311, Washington DC | (425) 485-0085, Kirkland WA | (360) 416-7879, Mt. Vernon WA
Rep. Rick Larsen (2nd) – (202) 225-2605, Washington DC | (425) 252-3188, Everett WA | (360) 733-4500, Bellingham WA
(Thanks to Indivisible Washington’s 8th District for this post.)
Help support the organizations doing the ground-level work in the fight for abortion access, particularly in the Southeastern U.S., for underserved communities:
Mt. Baker Planned Parenthood – www.wearepp.org/givemtbaker
National Latina Institute for Reproductive Justice: https://www.latinainstitute.org
Planned Parenthood Action: http://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/
Access Reproductive Care-Southeast: https://www.arc-southeast.org